Scan me or visit www.getinvolvednorfolk.org.uk/o/Get-InVolved-Norfolk/opportunities/Events-Volunteer/67714 to join
SummaryHere at Voluntary Norfolk we're looking for a small pool of volunteers to help us at events on a casual basis.
Voluntary Norfolk improves the health, wellbeing, connections, skills and employability of thousands of people in Norfolk each year, by supporting volunteers, voluntary organisations, and through the delivery of commissioned services. As well as putting on our own events, the Communities Team also regularly attend external events where we promote our work.
What is the purpose of the role?
This is a casual role and you will join a pool of volunteers who will be contacted when we organise an event. All events will be attended by a member of Voluntary Norfolk Staff as well as volunteers.
What might the role entail?
- Assisting in the set up/take down of the event
- Welcoming attendees & recording attendance
- Signposting attendees to where they can find information
- Providing support on a stand
What are my responsibilities?
- Be polite and friendly, engaging with a wide range of people
- To be an approachable ambassador for Voluntary Norfolk
- To follow direction from Voluntary Norfolk staff
- To protect the security and confidentiality of personal data
Do I need any qualifications or skills?
No, you do not need any formal qualifications however, you will need to be:
- Confident at speaking with a wide range of individuals
- Able to make notes, possibly typing up after the event
All volunteers will be provided with an induction before starting in their role. You will be supported by Clare Bury, Volunteering Engagement Officer.
This is a flexible role, once you have received an induction you can sign up to help out at as many events as you would like in future. Future event dates and locations are TBC, but are likely to be county wide. Voluntary Norfolk will provide reasonable travel expenses if you are travelling outside of Norwich to help at an event.
How do I become an Events Volunteer?
Please get in touch with Clare (Volunteering Engagement Officer) to express an interest in volunteering. We can then arrange to meet with you for an initial chat.