Admin Support Volunteer
Scan me or visit www.getinvolvednorfolk.org.uk/o/Age-UK-Norfolk/opportunities/Admin-Support-Volunteer/54475 to join
SummaryAge UK Norfolk provides information and advice on issues that affect older people, their families, carers and friends through their website and helpline.
Admin Support volunteers will help with the smooth running of the office which is based in Norwich. They support the admin staff with tasks for the whole organisation. This is an ideal role for someone looking for admin experience along with future aspirations in Office Management, Social Care and Information and Advice.
· To provide administrative tasks to support the whole organisation along with the Information and Advice Line which is based at Head Office in Old Catton Norwich.
· Inputting client information from referrals onto the database
· Processing post incoming and outgoing
· Supporting with evaluation of services which may involve some telephone work
· Stock monitoring of information guides
· To follow up on actions as appropriate
· To carry out tasks in accordance with Age UK Norfolk policies and practices
· Computer literate
· Good listening skills
· Ability to clearly record information on the database
· Open minded and non-judgmental
· Commitment to equal opportunities
· Problem solving skills
· Desire to help people
· Able to work well in a team
Flexible to suit the volunteer and can work between the hours of 9am and 5pm Monday to Friday. Ideally a minimum of 3 hours per week. Desks will remain socially distant.
Expenses are paid.
Age UK Norfolk, Henderson Business Centre, 51 Ivy Rd, Norwich NR5 8BF
Training and DBS
Full training is provided. The role is subject to a satisfactory DBS
Information and Advice support adviser. There will always be an experienced
staff member available to give support.
What we will provide to volunteers💸 Reimbursement of costs🤝 Extra support
About Age UK Norfolk
But we couldn’t do it alone. Our dedicated team of volunteers are the backbone of our organisation and without their help; we simply would not be able to deliver all the services that we do.
No experience is necessary, and whatever your talents and interests, there is likely to be a voluntary opportunity where you can share your knowledge, make new friends and make a real difference to the lives of older people in Norfolk.
For more information about our volunteer roles and to gain access to our application form please visit our website or contact our Volunteer Coordinator on 01603 785210 or email at [email protected]