Scan me or visit www.getinvolvednorfolk.org.uk/o/Age-UK-Norfolk/opportunities/Benefit-Check-Volunteer/54763 to join
SummaryThe Age UK Norfolk’s Welfare Benefit team help boost the income of older people so they can afford the care and support they require to remain independent.
• To help older people find out if they have any benefit entitlement
• To use the Age UK Benefit calculator to complete benefit checks for clients over the telephone
• To process benefit checks using forms returned to us
• To refer clients to other services that could be of help, referring them back to the advice team for ongoing work, if required
• To carry out tasks in accordance with relevant Age UK Norfolk policies and procedures Skills
• Ability to process information from telephone calls, face-to-face conversations, and documents
• Ability to write legible and accurate notes
• Commitment to equal opportunities and awareness of the discrimination that older people may face
• Empathy with the problems faced by older people and their carers
• Ability to explain complex information clearly in the clients desired format
• Problem solving
• Ability to work on own initiative
• Welfare Benefits knowledge (desirable) A satisfactory DBS (criminal records) check is needed for this role.
Responsible to -
Ongoing support is provided by Welfare Benefit Coordinators
Flexible hours between Monday to Friday 9 am and 5 pm
Training & Expenses -
Full training is provided including shadowing sessions and twice-yearly group updates. Expenses are paid.
What we will provide to volunteers💸 Reimbursement of costs🤝 Extra support
About Age UK Norfolk
But we couldn’t do it alone. Our dedicated team of volunteers are the backbone of our organisation and without their help; we simply would not be able to deliver all the services that we do.
No experience is necessary, and whatever your talents and interests, there is likely to be a voluntary opportunity where you can share your knowledge, make new friends and make a real difference to the lives of older people in Norfolk.
For more information about our volunteer roles and to gain access to our application form please visit our website or contact our Volunteer Coordinator on 01603 785210 or email at [email protected]