Scan me or visit www.getinvolvednorfolk.org.uk/o/Age-UK-Norfolk/opportunities/Retail-Volunteer/54472 to join
SummaryAge UK Norfolk's shop in Dereham has clothing, household items, DVDs and a wide selection of furniture and white goods.
Volunteers welcome visitors, sort and present the donated items and make sales. Volunteers will gain retail and cash handling experience while being part of a friendly team.
Volunteers work as part of the team to sort, rotate and sell items which have been donated to the charity with the aim of bringing in as much charitable income for Age UK Norfolk as possible.
· To arrange, present and rotate stock
· To maintain a welcoming and tidy shop
· To make sales transactions including cash handling
· To sort, check and process donations that arrive at the shop
· Ability to work as part of a team
· Good communication skills
· An understanding of health and safety
· Ability to follow policies and procedures
· Experience in a public facing environment (desirable)
What the role will give you
· Retail experience
· Cash handling experience
· Confidence and skills that will enhance your CV
· Experience of working as part of a friendly team
Flexible hours. The shop is currently open Monday to Saturday 10 am to 4 pm
Age UK Norfolk Dereham Furniture & More Store, 31 Yaxham Road, Dereham,
What we will provide to volunteers💸 Reimbursement of costs🤝 Extra support
About Age UK Norfolk
But we couldn’t do it alone. Our dedicated team of volunteers are the backbone of our organisation and without their help; we simply would not be able to deliver all the services that we do.
No experience is necessary, and whatever your talents and interests, there is likely to be a voluntary opportunity where you can share your knowledge, make new friends and make a real difference to the lives of older people in Norfolk.
For more information about our volunteer roles and to gain access to our application form please visit our website or contact our Volunteer Coordinator on 01603 785210 or email at [email protected]