Scan me or visit www.getinvolvednorfolk.org.uk/o/Age-UK-Norfolk/opportunities/Telephone-Befriender/54468 to join
SummaryAge UK Norfolk’s befriending service offers a lifeline to many older people who would otherwise feel lonely and isolated across Norfolk.
Our befriending service is a chatty, friendly call between 15 minutes to 1 hour just once a week. It’s the building of relationships with an older person (or persons as befrienders may choose to be in contact with more than one person) and passing on requests for other support. It sounds simple, but it makes a significant impact.
· To make a weekly phone or video call to an older person (or persons) in Norfolk
· To make a weekly call
· To keep accurate records of all calls made
· To submit information on all calls made for statistical purposes
· To adhere to the policies and practices of Age UK Norfolk
· To keep your Coordinator informed of any changes or requests
· The ability to relate to and empathise with older people
· Good communication skills
· An ability to talk to people on a wide range of subjects
· Ability to give and to accept support as part of a team
· Reliability and trustworthiness
· Ability to work on own initiative
· A positive and cheerful outlook
Calls are made from home - in Norfolk
Responsible to and supported by
Induction, training and ongoing support is provided. Volunteers will need access to a computer as the induction will be carried out by zoom video conferencing. This is straightforward; full details will be provided.
Expenses, such as the cost of the phone call are paid for.
For more information or to fill out our application form please visit our website.
What we will provide to volunteers💸 Reimbursement of costs🤝 Extra support
About Age UK Norfolk
But we couldn’t do it alone. Our dedicated team of volunteers are the backbone of our organisation and without their help; we simply would not be able to deliver all the services that we do.
No experience is necessary, and whatever your talents and interests, there is likely to be a voluntary opportunity where you can share your knowledge, make new friends and make a real difference to the lives of older people in Norfolk.
For more information about our volunteer roles and to gain access to our application form please visit our website or contact our Volunteer Coordinator on 01603 785210 or email at [email protected]