Volunteer Car Scheme
Scan me or visit www.getinvolvednorfolk.org.uk/o/Aylsham--District-Care-Trust/opportunities/Volunteer-Car-Scheme/54059 to join
SummaryVolunteer drivers, allowing independence to our members who need to attend appointments and go shopping
Role Purpose :
To provide transport to medical appointments for members who have no access to their own transport (public or private). Drivers to use their own vehicles.
You will need a DBS check which we will provide. Full training will be given as required and appropriate for safeguarding and health & safety.
Key Expectations :
· Collect passengers from home and drive them to / from their destination
· Assist passengers getting into or out of the car if they require it
· Ensure luggage, walking aids, wheelchairs etc are safely stowed away
· Wait for passengers whilst attending their appointments (if appropriate) or drop them off and return to pick them up once the appointment has finished
· Collect voluntary donations as appropriate from passengers and account for all monies received
· Reporting a safeguarding, care or health related issues to ACT Reception
· Understand car scheme policies and procedures
· Ensure your vehicle is roadworthy with up to date insurance, MOT and servicing
· Your driving licence is in date and any endorsements reported to Operations Manager
· You adhere to any road safety guidelines such as speed limits etc at all time whilst transporting one of the members
· Any incidents such as an accident whilst transporting a passenger is reported to Operations Manager immediately
· Understand the latest Highway Code regulations and keep up to date with any changes.
About Aylsham & District Care Trust
We deliver this through engaging financial and volunteering support from across our communities. This support enables us to deliver a range of services, which facilitate and enable independent and fulfilling lives for as long as possible.