Volunteer Events Assistant - County-wide
Scan me or visit www.getinvolvednorfolk.org.uk/o/Big-C-Cancer-Charity/opportunities/Volunteer-Events-Assistant---County-wide/72185 to join
SummaryDo you want to make a difference to the lives of those affected by cancer? Join #TeamBigC as an events volunteer to help us raise those vital funds.
Do you want to make a difference to the lives of those affected by cancer? Then volunteer with us and join the #TeamBigC family which promises to give you a sense of purpose as well as the opportunity to work as part of a hard-working, values driven, and people focused team.
Volunteer at our events and you will have lots of fun whilst helping us promote Big C in a positive way and raise those much needed funds to support those affected by cancer in our county.
We always need a hand with running our events, so we'd love to have you on board, we have various roles, including but not limited to;
- Crowd Stewarding
- Car Park Marshalling
- Event Support
- Bucket Collections
- Information Stalls
County-wide across Norfolk and Suffolk.
We have various one off events throughout the year, our events are usually on weekends but occasionally may be on a weekday or evening. There are always various shifts available.
Benefits of volunteering with Big C
- Enhance your CV, boosting career options
- Knowing you are contributing to improving the lives of those affected by Cancer.
- Having a sense of purpose, focus and personal achievement
- Learn new skills (e.g., customer service, communication, teamwork, initiative, and responsibility)
- Share skills and expertise with others
- Gain confidence through meeting new people and having fun
Application form (via Big C's website), informal chat and 2 satisfactory references.
What we will provide to volunteers💸 Reimbursement of costs
About Big C, Cancer Charity
There are an estimated 2.5 million people living with cancer in the UK. 1 in 2 people will get cancer in their lifetime. Big C seeks and implements new approaches and projects to make sure that no one is missing out on the opportunity to access our support.
Big C’s work focuses on 6 key areas:
1. Support – for people affected by cancer
2. Research – into cancer
3. Equipment – provision for the region’s main acute hospital trusts
4. Education – provision of interventional and presentational education programmes
5. Income Generation – raising vital funds to improve the lives of people living with cancer
6. People – Big C service users, their loved ones, Big C trustees, staff, volunteers and fundraisers
Big C is passionately committed to wellbeing, inclusion, diversity, equity and supporting achievement of the charity’s vision and organisational objectives. It aims to unite all Big C employees and volunteers, ensuring everyone is effective, productive, happy and customer focused.