Volunteer Retail Assistant - Distribution Centre (Wymondham)
Scan me or visit www.getinvolvednorfolk.org.uk/o/Big-C-Cancer-Charity/opportunities/Volunteer-Retail-Assistant---Distribution-Centre-Wymondham/72186 to join
SummaryDo you want to make a difference to the lives of those affected by cancer? Join #TeamBigC as a volunteer at our Distribution Centre (Wymondham).
Do you want to make a difference to the lives of those affected by cancer? Then volunteer with us and join the #TeamBigC family which promises to give you a sense of purpose as well as the opportunity to work as part of a hard-working, values driven, and people focused team.
Help us to raise the vital funds to support our work by volunteering as a Retail Assistant within our Distribution Centre in Wymondham. This is a fabulous opportunity where you can put your skills to use for a meaningful cause and develop new ones.
Roles may include:-
- Sorting through donated stock and bric-a-brac items for its suitability for sale
- Accepting donations from the public
- Stock rotation
- Maintaing a tidy stockroom
- Shopiago - helping to sort, scan and prepare books for sale or collection.
- Assisting with customer’s enquiries
Big C's Core Values are Respect, Empathy, Support, Trust and Honesty. These provide a benchmark for behaviour across the organisation. If you share these values, have the skills and experience, we would love to hear from you.
Big C Distribution Centre, 2-6 Allenbrooks Way, Wymondham, NR18 0NW
Opening Hours: 9:30am to 4:30pm. Monday to Saturday.
Benefits of volunteering with Big C
- Enhance your CV, boosting career options
- Knowing you are contributing to improving the lives of those affected by Cancer.
- Having a sense of purpose, focus and personal achievement
- Learn new skills (e.g., customer service, communication, teamwork, initiative, and responsibility)
- Share skills and expertise with others
- Gain confidence through meeting new people and having fun
Application form, informal interview and 2 satisfactory references.
What we will provide to volunteers💸 Reimbursement of costs
About Big C, Cancer Charity
There are an estimated 2.5 million people living with cancer in the UK. 1 in 2 people will get cancer in their lifetime. Big C seeks and implements new approaches and projects to make sure that no one is missing out on the opportunity to access our support.
Big C’s work focuses on 6 key areas:
1. Support – for people affected by cancer
2. Research – into cancer
3. Equipment – provision for the region’s main acute hospital trusts
4. Education – provision of interventional and presentational education programmes
5. Income Generation – raising vital funds to improve the lives of people living with cancer
6. People – Big C service users, their loved ones, Big C trustees, staff, volunteers and fundraisers
Big C is passionately committed to wellbeing, inclusion, diversity, equity and supporting achievement of the charity’s vision and organisational objectives. It aims to unite all Big C employees and volunteers, ensuring everyone is effective, productive, happy and customer focused.