Volunteer Retail Assistant (Timberhill, Norwich)
Scan me or visit www.getinvolvednorfolk.org.uk/o/Big-C-Cancer-Charity/opportunities/Volunteer-Retail-Assistant-Timberhill-Norwich/72180 to join
SummaryDo you want to make a difference to the lives of those affected by cancer? Join #TeamBigC as a volunteer retail assistant at our Timberhill shop in Norwich.
Do you want to make a difference to the lives of those affected by cancer? Then volunteer with us and join the #TeamBigC family which promises to give you a sense of purpose as well as the opportunity to work as part of a hard-working, values driven, and people focused team.
Help us to raise the vital funds to support our work by volunteering as a Retail Assistant within our Norwich charity shop on Timberhill. This is a fabulous opportunity where you can put your skills to use for a meaningful cause and develop new ones.
About the role
There are various tasks you might get involved with including:
- processing sales transactions through the till
- stock rotation
- pricing stock
- tidying the shop floor and stock room
- assisting with customer enquiries
- assisting, when necessary, with shop window displays
- sorting through donated stock and bric-a-brac items for its suitability for sale
- hanging and steaming garments
Big C's Core Values are Respect, Empathy, Support, Trust and Honesty. These provide a benchmark for behaviour across the organisation. If you share these values, have the skills and experience, we would love to hear from you.
Opening Hours: 9:30am to 4:30pm Monday to Saturday
You choose how long and how often you would like to volunteer, whether this is 1 hour a week or 1 day a month.
Benefits of volunteering
- know you are contributing to improving the lives of those affected by cancer
- have a sense of purpose, focus and personal achievement
- enhance your CV, boosting career options
- learn new skills (e.g., customer service, communication, teamwork, initiative, and responsibility)
- share skills and expertise with others
- gain confidence through meeting new people and have fun
To apply, please complete our online application form on our website.
We also offer trials where you can volunteer for up to 1 day without going through the recruitment process to see if volunteering in this role is for you so get in touch today to find out more.
Once we have received your application, the shop manager will have an informal chat either via phone or in person. Upon receipt of 2 satisfactory references, the manager will arrange an induction.
What we will provide to volunteers💸 Reimbursement of costs
About Big C, Cancer Charity
There are an estimated 2.5 million people living with cancer in the UK. 1 in 2 people will get cancer in their lifetime. Big C seeks and implements new approaches and projects to make sure that no one is missing out on the opportunity to access our support.
Big C’s work focuses on 6 key areas:
1. Support – for people affected by cancer
2. Research – into cancer
3. Equipment – provision for the region’s main acute hospital trusts
4. Education – provision of interventional and presentational education programmes
5. Income Generation – raising vital funds to improve the lives of people living with cancer
6. People – Big C service users, their loved ones, Big C trustees, staff, volunteers and fundraisers
Big C is passionately committed to wellbeing, inclusion, diversity, equity and supporting achievement of the charity’s vision and organisational objectives. It aims to unite all Big C employees and volunteers, ensuring everyone is effective, productive, happy and customer focused.