Scan me or visit www.getinvolvednorfolk.org.uk/o/CAN-Connect/opportunities/Buddy-Driver/62675 to join
SummaryThe Buddy Driver Volunteer would help individuals attend groups and activities within their communities.
Do you attend a group in your community and could offer someone a lift? Or perhaps you just have some free time and could help someone attend a Ladies lunch or a Morning Coffee?
Lack of transport is a big driver for social isolation and loneliness. Having no means to commute or to go out and about can make it harder for many to access the groups and activities they would like to attend, which can make them lonelier and isolated.
This is where the Buddy Drivers come in! The Buddy Driver is a flexible position and it is adjusted to your schedule and preferences. This is not a Community Transport position, meaning the role is not meant to transport our clients to their everyday commitments like doctor’s appointments or picking up prescriptions, rather, it is a buddy system to help people get closer to their communities.
So, if you have a car, a clean driving licence, and a little bit of free time, don’t hesitate to get in touch!
- Owning a car and having a full and clean driving licence, suitable insurance cover (most insurance companies are charity friendly - we can help verify your car use if required).
- Ensuring the vehicle you are driving is safe and legal.
- Being able to make a client feel comfortable in your car.
- Ensuring sufficient fitness to drive and informing CAN Connect about any issues that may affect your driving ability.
- Attendance at our induction and relevant training.
- Completing a full DBS and references check - we will support you with this.
- Understanding and a commitment to working within the policies of CAN Connect, in particular health and safety, confidentiality, safeguarding and equality and diversity.