Creative Social Volunteer in Hunstanton
Scan me or visit www.getinvolvednorfolk.org.uk/o/Creative-Arts-East/opportunities/Creative-Social-Volunteer-in-Hunstanton/76268 to join
SummaryHelp improve the lives of vulnerable older people across Norfolk and take part in high-quality arts activities too!
What is the opportunity?
We’re looking for positive, energetic people who would like to help us run these sessions. This will involve:
- Supporting set up and clearing away before and after the sessions, involving tasks such as setting up tables and chairs and helping unload and pack away the artist’s equipment.
- Making the participants and artists feel welcome and comfortable during the session.
- Encouraging and supporting participants to get stuck in with the activities.
- Helping to make teas, coffees, cut cake and wash up.
- Support new participants to complete their introductory booklets to capture key information such as medical or dietary requirements.
What you will experience?
Besides the satisfaction of helping older people to express themselves creatively, volunteers will also receive:
- Access to free training, including dementia-awareness training.
- An increased skill set. This includes opportunities to develop interpersonal, communication, organisational, timing, confidence, teamwork, and leadership skills.
- Experience of working with high-quality arts activities and arts practitioners.
- The satisfaction of helping vulnerable older people take part in engaging experiences that improve their quality of life.
Commitment - Volunteers must show at least a 6-month commitment (this equates to supporting at least 6 sessions for 1 group).
Expenses - All reasonable travel expenses will be reimbursed.
What is our Arts for Health offer?
Our current Arts for Health offer stems from the Breckland Arts for Health Programme 2023-26, supported by investment from Breckland Council and Arts Council England. It is an amalgamation of previous arts for health projects in the area, namely ‘The Silver Social’ and ‘Our Day Out’.
Made up of ‘Creative Socials’ which provide monthly participatory workshops and ‘Afternoon Events’ offering live performances and cinema screenings every other month, all events are free to people aged 50+ in Breckland, with additional Creative Social groups operating across Norfolk. Currently, regular groups are active in Attleborough, Dereham, Great Massingham, Great Yarmouth, Hunstanton and Thetford. Creative Socials include a dynamic range of activities including music making, visual arts and crafts, contemporary movement, and Caribbean dance, to name a few.
We aim to create a welcoming and inclusive environment for anyone who wants to try something new, make new connections and have a cup of tea and a slice of cake!