Community Health and Wellbeing Volunteer
Scan me or visit www.getinvolvednorfolk.org.uk/o/East-Coast-Community-Healthcare/opportunities/Community-Health-and-Wellbeing-Volunteer/55418 to join
SummaryVolunteers offer short term support to people who may be facing a long term condition or recent illness or accident to regain their confidence and independence
The purpose of this role is to support individuals who may be facing the challenge of a long term condition or recent illness or accident, which may have lead to social isolation or loss of independence.
Volunteers will support these clients to regain confidence, assist with tasks they are not currently able to do and provide the support and motivation to improve both their independence and quality of life. Volunteers will provide support and companionship for a set period of time (initially up to three months) as the client works towards an agreed target.
Tasks will vary depending on the needs of the client, but could include:
· Visiting the client in their own home, or local park/café, at a time agreed by the client and volunteer
· Spending time chatting with the client, taking time to encourage them to communicate and listening to them
· Providing support as the client builds confidence, possibly going for a walk or visiting a local café or community group if appropriate
· Accompanying a client to their local clinic appointment, helping them to gain confidence in accessing local services themselves
· Taking the clients dog for a walk, then spending time chatting with the client. Encouraging them to walk with you if appropriate
· Helping a client to go to the shops
· Reporting any concerns you have about any clients to the volunteer champion or available member of staff without delay