Scan me or visit www.getinvolvednorfolk.org.uk/o/Felbrigg-Hall/opportunities/Garden-Volunteer/67201 to join
SummaryVolunteer gardeners do practical work to help keep Gardens at Felbrigg in peak condition and looking eye catching.
By getting involved, you could…
- Keep fit and healthy
- Get your hands dirty and enjoy the great outdoors
- Use your gardening know-how, and learn more
- Be part of a varied and enthusiastic team and make new friends
- Really enjoy a cup of tea – it tastes better after all that fresh air
You’d also be joining Europe’s largest conservation charity and the wider National Trust team proudly looking after 780 miles of coastline, over 250,000 hectares of land, over 500 historic houses, castles, ancient monuments, gardens, parks and nature reserves (including lighthouses, villages, pubs and a gold mine!). We are a unique charity welcoming millions of people each year and with a vision to open up places for the benefit of everyone, for ever.
- Helping the garden team with everyday practical tasks to keep the garden looking its best
- Looking after garden machinery and equipment
- Being a friendly face for visitors and answering any questions
- Helping with projects like new planting or clearing overgrown areas
- ·You are important in making sure things run as smoothly and safely as possible – this includes getting to know health and safety and evacuation procedure.
- There might occasionally be some other activities that are of interest to you, that we could use your help with.
- Being part of a team that may need to adapt and change in response to local needs and National Trust priorities.
We want all our volunteers to feel welcome and to have an equally positive experience when volunteering with us. So, volunteers will:
- Be provided with the necessary induction, training, equipment and reasonable adjustments to do this role well and safely
- Be offered expenses to cover agreed travel costs between home and place of volunteering.
- Have remote access to support, news and rotas via our volunteer website
This role will suit you if you are …
- Keen to work in a team
- Happy to work outside in all weathers
- Interested in gardening and have a bit of experience
- Reasonably fit – we aren’t talking Mo Farah, but you’ll be on your feet, bending and stretching during the day
- Available at least once a fortnight - particularly looking for volunteers to help us out on afternoons on Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday.
All National Trust volunteers will be asked to
- Respect and uphold the National Trust values whilst volunteering with us
- Complete training required of all NT volunteers and any role specific training
- Adhere to relevant policies and processes including safeguarding, health and safety, and equality and diversity