Scan me or visit www.getinvolvednorfolk.org.uk/o/Fresh-Start-Future-Enterprises/opportunities/Caseworker/59416 to join
SummaryUsing your personal lived experience, you will support others in similar circumstances to make positive life changes.
Using your personal lived experience, you will support others in similar circumstances to make positive life changes. Caseworkers visit clients to work out what type of help they need. Next, they find the right sources of support and arrange for clients to access it. Caseworkers also sign-post clients onto specialist local services for advice on benefits, housing, mental health, debt, finding work etc.
Demonstrating positive role modelling and sharing your own experiences (if you are comfortable to) you will support our Service Users, helping them to build upon their strengths and enabling them to engage with resources in the community with the aim of preventing re-offending.
Contacting clients and arranging to meet them at a mutually convenient time
Meeting clients and completing a form to assess their circumstances
Sign-posting clients onto local services providing specialist advice
Keeping in touch with the client so they know how their case is progressing
Good listening and communication skills including written and spoken English
• Ability to be respectful and non-judgemental with clients, their family, other agencies and colleagues
• Ability to make enquires on behalf of clients by phone, email, letter or by filling in forms
• Ability to keep within boundaries of the role with regards to friendship or giving advice
• Reliable attitude, contact clients promptly, keep appointments
• Ability to maintain confidentiality and keep information safely
• Access to public transport or a car to travel to appointments with clients
Flexible hours depending on your other commitments
If you want to develop your skills further, there are lots of opportunities as a volunteer
You don't need any special qualifications to be a Volunteer Caseworker- We'll make sure you have all the training and support you need.
· Gaining new skills
· Making new friends
· Mental and physical health and wellbeing. ...
· Giving something back
· Improving your confidence
· Ongoing supervision
Reasonable Travel Expenses will be reimbursed