Scan me or visit www.getinvolvednorfolk.org.uk/o/FutureRadio/opportunities/Production-Assistant/55251 to join
SummaryFuture Radio is looking for volunteers to assist in the production of our key show Norwich Today, the main hub for information, news and stories about Norwich.
Future Radio is Norwich’s community radio station, broadcasting 24 hours a day online, via D.A.B. and FM to a potential audience of around 381,000 people across the greater Norwich area. The station is staffed by over 70 volunteers and acts as a platform for local communities, promoting talent, supporting businesses and offering training and career development opportunities. Our ambition is to create radio that everyone who considers themselves a resident of Norwich, enjoys listening to, no matter where in the world they are! We will soon be relaunching our key show Norwich Today and we need a Volunteer Production Assistant to pull the show together.
The responsibilities of a production assistant include:
- Researching local news stories and events to identify potential guests for the show
- Researching the business community to identify potential guests for the Thursday business themed show
- Contacting and booking guests
- Creating written cues and scripts for each guest for the presenter to read on air
- Looking after guests whilst they’re in our office and studios once practicable
- Promoting the business services Future Radio offers, such as advertising, sponsorship and podcast services
- Working with the Money Matters Coordinator to book guests and compose cues for the “Money Matters” slot
- Working closely with the Norwich Today Presenter and Station Manager to develop the show
- Pre-recording some interviews for the show
- Editing guest interviews to create audio files which guests may buy following their appearance on the show
- Creating Mixcloud Listen Again links of guest interviews and posting them on our website
- Creating audiograms (short videos compiled from photos and audio we take from interviews) and posting them on social media channels
- Contributing on air
Norwich Today is broadcast weekdays 11am to 1pm. Preferably you will need to be available then and at other times agreed with the Station Manager to conduct research, contact potential guests and attend production meetings.
The Volunteer Production Assistant may also be required to book guests for sister shows Breakfast with Future Radio and Drive when requested.
The post is voluntary with hours to be agreed with the Station Manager. Flexible volunteering outside of normal working hours is possible.
You’ll be proactive, organised and able to work independently under a given remit. You’ll also need excellent communication skills, a can-do attitude, and be a positive champion for Future Radio at all times. You’ll need to be ready, willing and able to give the time, care and attention that the role requires over an extended period.
We’ll be looking for:
- A real willingness to learn
- Fantastic organisational skills
- Your ability to generate original ideas
- Good team working skills
- The ability to take the initiative and make quick decisions under pressure
Don’t worry, full training will be given!