IT System Administrator
Scan me or visit www.getinvolvednorfolk.org.uk/o/Museum-of-The-Broads/opportunities/IT-System-Administrator/59389 to join
SummaryWe are looking for a skilled volunteer to assist with the optimisation and maintenance of our IT systems. We need about 6 hours a week.
The Museum has 6 networked Windows desktop computers plus a Windows laptop. Endpoints are managed individually, with no central administration, and backed up to the cloud (via BackBlaze).
There are a number of tasks that we now need help with:
· Deployment of OS licences/productivity software - the Museum is enrolled in the MS Non Profit programme and has been granted licences for Office 365, Azure and Microsoft cloud services.
· IT policy audit - all desktops need to be assessed for compliance with the IT policy.
· Installation and management of a network perimeter firewall -.
· Update and management of our wireless router
The role would suit someone with recent experience of System Administration or 3rd Line Support. Essential skills include:
- Demonstrable troubleshooting skills
- Experience with Microsoft 365 configuration, Azure AD Sync, Microsoft Cloud Services
- Experience in backup solutions and disaster recovery.
- Good planning, follow through and documentation skills.
Time commitment can be flexible but initially around 6 hours per week while the most urgent tasks are completed.
About Museum of The Broads
The museum tells the stories of the Norfolk and Suffolk Broads.
It is located in Stalham, Norfolk.