Meet & Greet - Burgh Castle Fort
Scan me or visit www.getinvolvednorfolk.org.uk/o/Norfolk-Archaeological-Trust/opportunities/Meet--Greet---Burgh-Castle-Fort/54800 to join
SummaryYou will be a real people–person who is happy to chat with visitors and answer their queries.
You will be a real people–person who is happy to chat with visitors and answer their queries but will also have the site’s best interest at heart and be willing to approach visitors and advise them of relevant site policies, such as having permission for drones and keeping dogs on leads. You will wear a high vis vest and name badge and be our key representative on site.
What are we looking for?
- Confident and happy to approach and talk to people
- Reliable with good time management skills
- Happy working on your own
- Individuals who would like to share the history and stories of the site
- Someone to regularly spend 3 hours on site doing a range of jobs: litter picking, answering visitor questions, checking and cleaning interpretation signage, advising visitors of relevant policies like keepings dogs on a lead, and reporting back any health and safety concerns like fallen branches
- During peak season – June to September – being on site at least once a fortnight. Days are flexible. Weekday and weekend availability needed.
What’s in it for you?
- The opportunity to meet new people and be part of a volunteer group
- The chance to gain or enhance your customer service and people skills
- Helping to maintain local sites of historic and archaeological importance
- Full training and induction
- Supporting the work of a local charity, the Norfolk Archaeological Trust
Burgh Castle Roman Fort, Burgh Castle, Great Yarmouth, Norfolk, NR31 9QB
What we will provide to volunteers💸 Reimbursement of costs🤝 Extra support
About Norfolk Archaeological Trust
We actively engage with local communities so that they can be involved in the future conservation of the sites that they treasure.