Out There Festival Host
Scan me or visit www.getinvolvednorfolk.org.uk/o/OutThereArts/opportunities/Out-There-Festival-Host/56470 to join
SummaryFestival hosts are crucial to the success of the festival. Friendly, helpful people with a can-do attitude will enjoy these roles and be of great value.
The roles under the umbrella of Festival Host are crucial to the success of the festival. A lot of positions require the same skills and duties, so we’ve listed them first then below are the different roles and their specific duties.
· Be a point of contact and representative of the Festival
· Welcome and provide information to audiences and artists, generally assisting with the smooth running of events and performances
· Interact proactively with the public/audiences as required, e.g., helping them find the pitches they are looking for, handing out brochures
· Sell merchandise
· Collect donations at pitches before or after shows
· Keeping the festival clear of litter
· Put out/pack away chairs if required
· Pulling pints at the beer tent and encouraging people there to fill out evaluation forms
· Assist with the collection of empty glasses and keeping the bar tent looking tidy and welcoming
· Encouraging the public to donate at the Crustacean Donation Station
· Work with the Crew and Production teams in managing crowds at performances
· Ensure the safety of the crowd/audience, e.g., in the event of an emergency evacuation
· Work outdoors in all weathers
· Perform light lifting and manual tasks if you are willing and able to do so
The audience’s experience of an event begins as soon as they arrive at a venue – so you are there to make sure this experience is as wonderful as it can be!