Volunteer Van Drivers (weekdays only)
Scan me or visit www.getinvolvednorfolk.org.uk/o/RSPCA-Mid-Norfolk-and-North-Suffolk-Branch/opportunities/Volunteer-Van-Drivers-weekdays-only/58218 to join
SummaryWe are looking for volunteer van drivers to support our Income Generation team by collecting and delivering donated goods and moving stock between our shops.
We have seven charity shops across Norfolk and Suffolk that help raise the funds needed for us to continue rescuing, rehabilitating and rehoming animals that come into our care. The role of a volunteer driver plays an essential part in the operation of our shops by collecting and delivering donated goods and moving stock. We couldn’t carry out our vital work without our fantastic shop staff and volunteers and this is a great opportunity to join our friendly team, gain skills and meet new people.
Tasks and responsibilities
- Collecting and delivering donated items and collection boxes
- Visiting private homes to collect donations
- Moving stock between charity shops across our Branch area
What we are looking for
- Aged 25 or over with a full, valid driving licence
- A confident driver with good knowledge of the local area
- Able to perform manual handling tasks such as lifting, carrying and stacking
- Friendly, helpful and confident when working with the public
What we can offer you as a volunteer driver
- Use of a Branch vehicle
- A way to meet new people and make new friends in your local area
- A place where you will learn excellent new skills to add to your CV, such as customer service, multi-tasking and many more
- The opportunity to make a huge difference to the welfare of animals
- Volunteer drivers will be required to complete an annual driver’s declaration
Our voluntary roles are subject to an informal interview. We will ask you to provide contact details for two referees, and dependent on the position, you may need to sign an agreement and undergo specific training before starting the role.