Fundraising and Events Volunteer
Scan me or visit www.getinvolvednorfolk.org.uk/o/Vision-Norfolk/opportunities/Fundraising-and-Events-Volunteer/62966 to join
SummaryThis is a varied role to assist our Fundraising Department with collections and events. This can be as simple as collecting money tins from shops to helping wit
Fundraising and Events Volunteers will attend events, street and store collections all over Norfolk: Our volunteers will:
- Inspire people to support us through donating in cash or by card
- Represent the charity in a professional manner
- Make conversation with members of the public about our work and answering questions about the charity
- Telephone the Fundraising Manager as soon as possible, if unable to fulfil your commitment so that replacement cover can be arranged.
- Maintain strict confidentiality at all times.
- Adhere to the Vision Norfolk volunteer policies and procedures
- We ask our volunteers to remain kind and courteous when you are representing Vision Norfolk.
- The role can be local, but use of a car would enable a broader variety and location of assignments.
We are looking for personable and approachable volunteers who are enthusiastic about the work we do here at Vision Norfolk and confident with talking to people from all walks of life.
Our volunteers will be:
- Able to work both independently and as part of a team.
- Empathetic with Vision Norfolk’s cause and committed to our aims and objectives.
- Well organised with strong verbal communication skills.
- Have an interest in charitable giving and fundraising
- Able to build and maintain strong interpersonal relationships.
Benefits of Volunteering
Becoming a Fundraising and Events Volunteer gives you the chance to:
- Give a huge boost to your social skills and confidence
- Experience the camaraderie and fun of being part of our team
- Do something good for local people
Vision Norfolk also offers:
- Visual Awareness Training
- Regular, ongoing advice and support
- Payment of out of pocket expenses agreed in advance