Scan me or visit www.getinvolvednorfolk.org.uk/o/norfolkhospice/opportunities/Inpatient-Unit/61339 to join
SummaryOur small inpatient unit needs volunteers to help provide a welcoming and caring environment for patients and visitors.
Inpatient Unit volunteers help create a pleasant environment for patients during their stay - and for their visitors too. You'd be providing some company, helping with meals and refreshments and doing other tasks that keep the inpatient unit running smoothly. Nursing staff will be on hand at all times to take over where personal or clinical care is needed, like using the toilet or if a patient feels suddenly unwell.
These are some of the things you'll be doing:
- greeting newcomers and visitors and finding out what they need
- collecting trays after meals
- serving drinks and refreshing the patient’s water jug
- helping choose meals from the menu
- recording patients' dietary intake
- loading and unloading the dishwasher and keeping the kitchen tidy
- arranging fresh flowers, changing vase water and removing old flowers
About The Norfolk Hospice Tapping House
The support provided is tailored to the individual, encompassing their physical, psychological, social and spiritual needs in an understanding, caring and compassionate way, ensuring dignity is maintained throughout.
Care is delivered at the hospice in Hillington, either in the Inpatient Unit, Day Therapy Unit or via one-to-one sessions at the hospice. Care is sometimes provided in people’s own homes.
The current services cost over £2.5 million per year to run; the NHS funds only 32% of this, with the majority coming from the support of local groups, businesses and individuals.