Scan me or visit www.getinvolvednorfolk.org.uk/o/Age-UK-Norfolk/opportunities/Digital-Inclusion-Champion/54471 to join
SummaryAge UK Norfolk’s digital inclusion team offers a lifeline to many older people in Norfolk who feel isolated and disconnected due to lack of technical ability.
As a result of Covid-19 we have seen many organisations and individuals use more online services than ever before. We have found many older people are being left behind by these changes, making them more isolated. In order to help older people Age UK Norfolk have set up Let’s Get Digital. We are asking you to teach an older person how to use a tablet/iPad, either their own or one that we can loan them over a period of time. What you will teach them will vary depending on the person’s needs. Some may only want to learn the basics, for example setting up Whatsapp and answering video calls from family and friends. Others may need more advanced support for example, online shopping. Throughout this time you will be supported by the digital inclusion team, so if you have any questions or need any support you can contact us.
• To make a weekly phone call to an older person (or persons) in Norfolk to teach them how to use a tablet/iPad.
• To make a weekly telephone call
• To follow the information sheet provided and teach them what they would like to learn on the tablet/iPad
• To keep us informed on progress, keeping accurate records of each call
• To adhere to the policies and practices of Age UK Norfolk
• To keep your Coordinator informed of any changes or requests
• Good communication skills
• An ability to talk through how to use a tablet/iPad from basic usage (turning on the tablet and answering a video call) to responding to emails and online shopping.
• Reliability and trustworthiness
• Ability to work on own initiative
• A positive and cheerful outlook
Availability and expenses -Flexible hours. Expenses, such as the cost of the phone call are paid Location Calls are made from home - in Norfolk.
Training and DBS - Induction and ongoing support is provided.
Volunteers will need an email and access to a computer as the induction will be carried out by video call.
This role is subject to a satisfactory DBS (criminal records) check.
Responsible to and supported by - Digital inclusion team.
What we will provide to volunteers💸 Reimbursement of costs🤝 Extra support
About Age UK Norfolk
But we couldn’t do it alone. Our dedicated team of volunteers are the backbone of our organisation and without their help; we simply would not be able to deliver all the services that we do.
No experience is necessary, and whatever your talents and interests, there is likely to be a voluntary opportunity where you can share your knowledge, make new friends and make a real difference to the lives of older people in Norfolk.
For more information about our volunteer roles and to gain access to our application form please visit our website or contact our Volunteer Coordinator on 01603 785210 or email at [email protected]