Information and Advice Advisor
Scan me or visit www.getinvolvednorfolk.org.uk/o/Age-UK-Norfolk/opportunities/Information-and-Advice-Advisor/54478 to join
SummaryInformation and advice volunteers will call people back who have had initial contact with the Information and Advice helpline.
The type of calls the volunteer will be allocated will be appropriate to their level of knowledge and experience. There will be the opportunity to deal with more complex calls as volunteers gain experience and undertake further training. The amount of training involved means this is a role that requires commitment.
• To provide information and advice to older people, their carers, families and friends by telephone
• To carry out research on the issue raised by the client
• To make calls, develop a full understanding of the issue and provide information
• To make a record on the database of the discussion with the client
• To follow up on actions agreed with the client
• To carry out tasks in accordance with Age UK Norfolk policies and practices Skills • Good listening skills
• Ability to clearly record information on the database
• Open minded and non judgemental
• Commitment to equal opportunities
• Problem solving skills
• Desire to help people
• Able to work well in a team
Availability and expenses
Flexible hours between 9 am and 5 pm Monday to Friday. Expenses are paid Location
Age UK Norfolk, Henderson Business Centre, 51 Ivy Rd, Norwich NR5 8BF
Training and DBS
Full training is provided both initially and on an ongoing basis. Volunteers will need to work through Age UK National online training programme and a workbook that it is expected will take six months to complete. This role is subject to a satisfactory DBS (criminal records) check.
An Information & Advice Adviser. There will always be an experienced adviser available to give support
What we will provide to volunteers💸 Reimbursement of costs🤝 Extra support
About Age UK Norfolk
But we couldn’t do it alone. Our dedicated team of volunteers are the backbone of our organisation and without their help; we simply would not be able to deliver all the services that we do.
No experience is necessary, and whatever your talents and interests, there is likely to be a voluntary opportunity where you can share your knowledge, make new friends and make a real difference to the lives of older people in Norfolk.
For more information about our volunteer roles and to gain access to our application form please visit our website or contact our Volunteer Coordinator on 01603 785210 or email at [email protected]