Lasting Power Of Attorney Volunteer
Scan me or visit www.getinvolvednorfolk.org.uk/o/Age-UK-Norfolk/opportunities/Lasting-Power-Of-Attorney-Volunteer/54474 to join
SummaryAge UK Norfolk’s Lasting Power of Attorney (LPA) advisory service provides information, advice and practical assistance in completing and registering an LPA.
• To support and enable older people and their families to set up a Lasting Power of Attorney
• To arrange appointments with clients and visit them in their homes to help complete the forms for Lasting Power of Attorney
• To inform clients about services that may help them and provide details of how to access them
• To offer information in an accessible format that empowers the client to identify a suitable solution
• To carry out tasks in accordance with Age UK Norfolk policies and practices
Skills, experience and abilities
• Ability to process information from telephone calls, face-to-face conversations and documents
• Ability to write legible and accurate notes that record the actions taken
• Ability to identify problems and to provide appropriate options
• Commitment to equal opportunities and awareness of the discrimination that older people may face
• Ability to assist clients with filling in forms and writing letters (as appropriate)
• Ability to listen to others and to explain things clearly
• Ability to deliver an open-minded and non-judgmental approach to clients
Flexible between 9 AM and 5 PM Monday to Friday
Training and expenses
Full training is provided. Travel expenses are refunded.
Responsible to and supported by the
Information and Advice Manager
A satisfactory DBS check is required for this role.
What we will provide to volunteers💸 Reimbursement of costs🤝 Extra support
About Age UK Norfolk
But we couldn’t do it alone. Our dedicated team of volunteers are the backbone of our organisation and without their help; we simply would not be able to deliver all the services that we do.
No experience is necessary, and whatever your talents and interests, there is likely to be a voluntary opportunity where you can share your knowledge, make new friends and make a real difference to the lives of older people in Norfolk.
For more information about our volunteer roles and to gain access to our application form please visit our website or contact our Volunteer Coordinator on 01603 785210 or email at [email protected]