Scan me or visit www.getinvolvednorfolk.org.uk/o/Age-UK-Norfolk/opportunities/Welfare-Benefit-Volunteer/54477 to join
SummaryThe Age UK Norfolk’s Welfare Benefit team help boost the income of older people so they can afford the care and support they require to remain independent.
In the year to March 2020 Age UK Norfolk helped people claim £4,655,170 in benefits. Welfare Benefit volunteers can visit older people in their own homes and care homes or on some occasion help either via telephone or video call, by helping them complete forms for benefits such as attendance allowance and the blue badge parking permits.
• To help older people to fill in forms for attendance allowance and blue badge parking permit
• To make client appointments, visiting them in their own homes to complete the form
• To screen for further benefit eligibility during the appointment
• To refer clients to other services that could be of help, referring them back to the advice team for ongoing work, if required
• To carry out tasks in accordance with relevant Age UK Norfolk policies and procedures
• Ability to process information from telephone calls, face-to-face conversations, and documents
• Ability to write legible and accurate notes
• Commitment to equal opportunities and awareness of the discrimination that older people may face
• Empathy with the problems faced by older people and their carers
• Ability to explain complex information clearly in the clients desired format
• Problem solving
• Ability to work on own initiative
• Welfare Benefits knowledge (desirable)
A satisfactory DBS (criminal records) check is needed for this role.
Responsible to - Ongoing support is provided by Welfare Benefit Coordinators
Availability - Flexible hours between Monday to Friday 9 am and 5 pm
Training & Expenses - Full training is provided including shadowing sessions
and twice-yearly group updates. Expenses are paid.
What we will provide to volunteers💸 Reimbursement of costs🤝 Extra support
About Age UK Norfolk
But we couldn’t do it alone. Our dedicated team of volunteers are the backbone of our organisation and without their help; we simply would not be able to deliver all the services that we do.
No experience is necessary, and whatever your talents and interests, there is likely to be a voluntary opportunity where you can share your knowledge, make new friends and make a real difference to the lives of older people in Norfolk.
For more information about our volunteer roles and to gain access to our application form please visit our website or contact our Volunteer Coordinator on 01603 785210 or email at [email protected]