Norfolk Young carers forum volunteer
Scan me or visit www.getinvolvednorfolk.org.uk/o/Caring-Together-Charity/opportunities/Norfolk-Young-carers-forum-volunteer/69307 to join
SummaryAre you enthusiastic and passionate about raising awareness of the issues Young Carers face, supporting them with campaigns and forum discussions.
What we are looking for
Volunteers with enthusiasm and a passion for raising awareness of the issue’s young carers face. You will need to be comfortable working with young carers and young adult carers, supporting them with campaigns and forum discussions. An empathy and understanding of young people is crucial, as well as a good sense of humour.
Meetings are held at various locations across Norfolk. On occasions, zoom sessions may need to be facilitated.
What you’ll do
- Assist with the running of the forum, ensuring members are confident and happy to speak,
- Assist the Awareness and voice coordinator with delivery of presentations,
- Support arrangements for events and projects including conferences and training sessions,
- Help identify potential skills or training that could be beneficial for the forum members, reporting ideas to the Awareness and voice coordinator,
- Contacting guest speakers/facilitators to attend sessions,
- Create quizzes and facilitate fun activities for the forum members,
- Support trips and activities
- Attendance at regular forum meetings.
- Optional attendance at focus groups (regularity and flexibility of attendance required can be discussed on application)
- Regular meetings with Awareness and voice coordinators to prepare and facilitate forum meetings and session content (regularity and flexibility of these meetings can be discussed on application)
- Meetings may vary and can change from being monthly to bi-monthly.
- Agreement to follow Caring Together’s guidance, policy and procedures.
- An enhanced DBS, that we will organise and pay for.
Our Commitment to you
- Opportunity to use and enhance your existing skills and develop new, transferable skills,
- Experience of conferences and formal meetings,
- Satisfaction of knowing you are making an important and valued difference to someone’s life and the work of Caring Together,
- Meet new people and be part of a friendly team,
- Reimbursement of reasonable travel expenses and mobile phone if required.
What we will provide to volunteers💸 Reimbursement of costs🤝 Extra support
About Caring Together Charity
Together is a regional charity that provides emotional and
practical support, advice and guidance to carers of all ages and their
families, as well as opportunities to take a break from their caring role