Scan me or visit www.getinvolvednorfolk.org.uk/o/Crimestoppers/opportunities/Deputy-Chair-Role/76485 to join
SummaryThe Deputy Chairperson will motivate, encourage and support all
leading the development, implementation and tracking of an annual strategy and providing leadership by offering clarity, direction and guidance. The Deputy Chairperson will facilitate and maintain communications both locally and centrally, encouraging local partnership working in order to promote Crimestoppers.
• Provide leadership to the assigned Committee, ensuring the work of the group is carried out to set deadlines.
• Agree with local Police, Community Safety Partnerships and other community organisations a timetable of campaigns and events which promote the charity’s aims
• Recruit members to the group, via interview, to ensure the group is sufficiently resourced with the right number and skill set of people to be effective
• Assess skills of group members and task as appropriate, making best use of available skills whilst also creating an environment for skill-sharing and development
• Ensure timely and effective liaison with and provision of information to the Regional Manager, the Volunteer Manager and/or Volunteer Management Team as appropriate.
• Deputy Chairperson to take full lead in the absence of a Chairperson.
• Highly developed interpersonal and network skills, with experience of chairing committees and meetings.
• Comfortable with senior level meetings and the ability to deliver high impact verbal and written proposals and presentations.
• Able to nurture and lead volunteers from varied backgrounds and with differing skills and experience.
• Confident of liaison with other partners in order to achieve stated objectives of the charity.
• Knowledge and understanding of the geographic area supported by the Committee and how actions may need to be adjusted to deal with different socio-economic factors.
• Knowledge and understanding of the organisation’s strategies and plans (or the willingness and potential to acquire the same).
• Proactive, able to drive action and ensure delivery of strategy, projects and achieve results.
• Persistent and innovative.
• Understanding of strategy and planning.
• Commitment to the policies, procedures, goals and values of the charity.
• To give a 3-year commitment to the Committee in order to deliver effective results.
• To offer sufficient time each month to lead and plan the activities of the Committee; including attendance at meetings, occasional national meetings, local involvement and some organisational duties.
• To meet with all volunteer members regularly ensuring their ability to contribute to best effect is managed proactively.
• Commit to the principles of the Crimestoppers Volunteer Charter.
• Sign a Volunteer Agreement and Non-Disclosure Agreement.
Support: The role will be supported through regular contact with the Volunteer Manager and Regional Manager and reasonable out of pocket expenses, to fulfil essential activities, will be reimbursed.