Young Person Drop In Volunteer
Scan me or visit www.getinvolvednorfolk.org.uk/o/MAP/opportunities/Young-Person-Drop-In-Volunteer/74780 to join
SummaryWe are looking for volunteers (aged 18-30) to join MAP at our drop in centres in Great Yarmouth and King’s Lynn.
We are looking for volunteers to join MAP in our drop in centres in Great Yarmouth and King’s Lynn to welcome young people into MAP and help provide a safe place for them to be.
We would love to hear from people aged between 18 and 30 who can join us for at least 2 afternoons a week at either of our centres.
The volunteer role will include the following opportunities:
· To welcome young people into MAP.
· To find out why young people have come into the drop in and help get them joined up with the right MAP adviser.
· To have an understanding of what MAP can offer young people so they know what they could get help with.
· To connect with people in a social way.
· To take part in activities with young people whilst they are in the drop in space, such as boardgames, self-care activities and art and crafts.
· To be creative and bring ideas to benefit young people!
· To make a difference to young people who may be vulnerable and want advice, help and support.
· To help us get feedback from young people about ideas and changes the team are working on.
· To be aware of MAP’s safeguarding policies and procedures.
· To be part of a warm and welcoming team!
At MAP, our values are very important in what we do and who we are. Here they are!
Ø Being young person centred - We listen to young people and continually respond to their changing needs. We offer choice and we’re flexible.
Ø Valuing each individual - We respect and celebrate difference. We know that each individual we work with is unique.
Ø Being professional - We believe that young people should get the best support at the highest quality.
Ø Working for social justice - We work alongside young people and aim to create a fairer more equal society.
Please visit our website for more information on our Mission, Vision and Values… and for information on everything else we do!
We look forward to hearing from you!