Norwich Open Christmas - multiple dates to help our Christmas celebration
Scan me or visit www.getinvolvednorfolk.org.uk/o/Norwich-Open-Christmas/opportunities/Norwich-Open-Christmas---multiple-dates-to-help-our-Christmas-celebration/69261 to join
SummaryEvery year, Norwich Open Christmas provides Christmas lunch, clothing distribution, entertainment, etc. for people who are alone, homeless, or in need.
About Norwich Open Christmas
For over 30 years, the most incredible group of people have been offering their time to make Christmas special for everyone in and around Norwich.
From driving our guests to and from their homes, prepping huge piles of potatoes ready to be roasted, or handing out clothes and bedding to those in need, our volunteers are the bedrock of Norwich Open Christmas' continued success. We have lots of opportunities to get involved, not just on Christmas Day, so visit our website to find out more!
How you can sign up
Please visit the website if you want to apply to volunteer for Norwich Open Christmas!
I have not volunteered for Norwich Open Christmas before:
- If you would like to apply to become a volunteer for December 2023, you'll need to fill in one of our application forms. A link to the applications can be found on our website, on the SIGN UP page.
- The application form is quick and simple, and gives you the opportunity to tell us why you'd like to volunteer. Please fill in your reason for volunteering in the "additional information" section. All information is confidential and will not be shared with anyone.
- All applications must be completed by 31 October.
I have volunteered for Norwich Open Christmas before:
- Thank you for thinking about volunteering again!
- If you would like to volunteer this year and are ready to choose your tasks for the Christmas period, you can visit your Better Impact page. Our website has a link to this for ease (can be found on the SIGN UP page).
- Please note that the tasks have been set up differently from last year, mostly being in 2 hours shifts through the day.
Once you have logged in you will need to:
- Click on the opportunities tab (the second tab along).
- Click on opportunities list from the drop down menu. You will then be taken to a page which shows you all the available tasks you can select (these are found in drop down menus).
- To pick a task you need to click on the task drop down menu, such as Food prep at City College. Then click on an available task, these will appear underneath the ACTIVITY column and are in blue writing.
- Once you have clicked on a task, you will be taken to a new page where you can sign up for it. To sign up, just click on the sign up button on the right. You can sign up to tasks from different categories, such as Christmas Eve activities as well as Hall clear up day.
- If there is no sign up option then that task is now full. You can add your name to the waiting list or select another task.
- We will not be confirming task allocations until the beginning of November. We advise that you select your tasks as soon as possible to avoid disappointment as many of the task areas fill very quickly.
About Norwich Open Christmas
For over 30 years, guests and volunteers have been coming out in their droves for a Christmas celebration like no other. Yummy Christmas dinner and afternoon tea, terrific entertainment, food parcels, clothing, and a warm welcome are what to expect from Norwich Open Christmas. This yearly event gives hundreds of people in Norwich and the surrounding area a place to have fun and enjoy themselves on Christmas Day, whatever their circumstances may be.
We hope to provide, for any guest who is able to get to St Andrews Hall, a Christmas lunch, clothing distribution, entertainment, a take home food bag of non-perishable food and a festive bag containing Christmas Cake, mince pies etc.