Cash Desk Volunteer (Wymondham)
Scan me or visit www.getinvolvednorfolk.org.uk/o/RSPCA-Mid-Norfolk-and-North-Suffolk-Branch/opportunities/Cash-Desk-Volunteer-Wymondham/56629 to join
SummaryWe are looking for friendly volunteers to support our Wymondham shop by providing a warm welcome to our customers and processing sales through the till.
Overview of opportunity
We are looking for friendly volunteers to support our Wymondham charity shop by providing a warm welcome to our customers and processing sales through the till and card machine. The time you dedicate will help us to make the most of the incredible donations to our charity shops and raise more funds for our vital animal welfare work.
Tasks and responsibilities:
- Greeting customers and serving them in a friendly, helpful and courteous manner
- Answering questions from customers, donors and supporters
- Processing sales through the till and card machine
- Helping with administration and reception duties around the till area
- Promoting Gift Aid and instore sales campaigns
Relevant training and support will be provided.
What we are looking for:
- Friendly, helpful and confident when working with the public
- Good communication and numeracy skills
- Previous customer service or retail experience would be beneficial but not necessary as full training will be given
Flexible days and hours to be agreed.
What we can offer you:
- Join a friendly team and meet new people
- Gain new skills and experience
- Your time will help us to make a difference to the welfare of the animals in your area
Our voluntary roles are subject to an informal interview and taster session. We will ask you to provide contact details for two referees, and dependent on the position, you may need to sign an agreement and undergo specific training before starting the role.