Box Office Assistant (VOLUNTEER)
Scan me or visit www.getinvolvednorfolk.org.uk/o/httpsmaddermarketcouk/opportunities/Box-Office-Assistant-VOLUNTEER/55934 to join
SummaryThe Box Office assistant involves being the first point of contact for visitors to the theatre, and plays an integral part of our customers overall experience w
Experience in customer facing roles is helpful, but not essential. Good literacy and basic numeracy is required for accurate record keeping and cash handling.
Box office assistant we will ask you to:
· Offer a welcome greeting as visitors enter the building and be an information source to help them with their visit.
· Sell tickets either face to face or on the telephone using the theatre’s ticketing system, Spektrix. There are day shifts and evening pre-show slots.
· Accurately record all bookings and customer data.
· Observe GDPR and customer confidentiality when taking bookings and payments in line with current regulations and theatre policy.
· Print tickets for collection prior to the start of a performance.
· Have an sound understanding of the theatre’s booking policies and procedures
· Answer general enquiries accurately, checking with other staff if necessary, and referring callers to other departments if their enquiry is not ticket related.
· Reply to email enquiries in a professional and friendly manner.
· Act as an ambassador for the Maddermarket Theatre.
- · Please note, you must be 18+ to volunteer on the box office