Scan me or visit www.getinvolvednorfolk.org.uk/o/Age-UK-Norfolk/opportunities/Advocacy-Volunteer/54476 to join
SummaryAge UK Norfolk’s advocacy team support older people to voice their concerns and assert their rights when decisions are made that affect their lives.
Advocacy volunteers usually visit the older person at home but during Covid 19 pandemic volunteers are supporting the older person remotely from their own home with contact by phone, video call, email and where necessary letter.
• To provide independent support to an older person in order to promote their independence for as long as possible. The older person may be in their own home or in a care home.
• Volunteers will support the older person with practical tasks such as phone calls, letters, filling in forms, representing the older person’s views (in a nonlegal capacity), providing information and helping them to access specialist information, advice and representation services.
• To adhere to the policies and practices of Age UK Norfolk
• Ability to process information from telephone, video calls, emails and documents
• Ability to make an accurate record of the actions taken in assisting clients
• Ability to assist clients with filling in forms and writing letters
•Ability to identify problems and suggest a number of solutions
•Commitment to equal opportunities and awareness of the discrimination that older people may face
• Good listening skills and the ability to explain complex information in a straightforward way
• Empathy with the problems faced by older people and their carers
Flexible hours between 9 am and 5 pm Monday Friday
Responsible to and supported by
Training and DBS
Full training and ongoing support is provided. A satisfactory DBS (criminal records) check is required.
Expenses are paid.
What we will provide to volunteers💸 Reimbursement of costs🤝 Extra support
About Age UK Norfolk
But we couldn’t do it alone. Our dedicated team of volunteers are the backbone of our organisation and without their help; we simply would not be able to deliver all the services that we do.
No experience is necessary, and whatever your talents and interests, there is likely to be a voluntary opportunity where you can share your knowledge, make new friends and make a real difference to the lives of older people in Norfolk.
For more information about our volunteer roles and to gain access to our application form please visit our website or contact our Volunteer Coordinator on 01603 785210 or email at [email protected]