NHS - Community Ambassador Volunteer (Ask Norfolk Parents online forum)
Scan me or visit www.getinvolvednorfolk.org.uk/o/Cambridgeshire-Community-Services-NHS-Trust/opportunities/NHS---Community-Ambassador-Volunteer-Ask-Norfolk-Parents-online-forum/68548 to join
SummaryHome based NHS volunteer role - providing online peer support to parents and carers in Norfolk & Waveney via the Ask Norfolk Parents forum.
Are you someone with personal experience of parenting or caring for a child who would like to support other parents on their parenting journey? You can do that if you become a Community Ambassador Volunteer for Norfolk & Waveney Children and Young People's Health Services (NWCYPHS).
We know that connecting with others who are also caring for children and young people can be really helpful - our Ask Norfolk Parents online forum, hosted by Health Unlocked, is a safe and supportive place for families of children and young people to share experiences, find information and gain support from each other.
As a volunteer, you will support our service by contributing to the activity on the Ask Norfolk Parents forum, answering posts, providing peer support and signposting, and ensuring that the online community remains a positive and engaging environment. You will be supported and trained by our 0-19 team.
Please visit the Cambridgeshire Community Services NHS Trust website and click on the Volunteering tab to read about how we recruit, welcome and involve volunteers.
You can apply online for this role by navigating to the Become a Volunteer page and clicking on Norfolk & Suffolk Volunteering to view the full role description for the Community Ambassador Volunteer.
If you have any questions before applying - please send us a message!
🗣️ Native language skills
What we will provide to volunteers💸 Reimbursement of costs
About Cambridgeshire Community Services NHS Trust
We provide the following extensive portfolio of services (for access to more information visit our home page https://www.cambscommunityservices.nhs.uk/):
• a range of children’s services to children, young people and families (Norfolk and Waveney, Cambridgeshire; as well as Peterborough in partnership with Cambridgeshire & Peterborough NHS Foundation Trust)
• Bedfordshire Community Health services for the residents of Bedfordshire (provided in partnership with East London NHS Foundation Trust)
• Children and Adults’ community health services for the residents of Luton
• Dental HealthCare services (Cambridgeshire, Peterborough, Norfolk and Suffolk)
• DynamicHealth specialist and musculoskeletal physiotherapy services (Cambridgeshire and Peterborough)
• iCaSH: integrated Contraception and Sexual Health services (Bedfordshire, Cambridgeshire, Milton Keynes, Norfolk, Peterborough and Suffolk)
• Neuro-therapy services in Bedfordshire
We believe that community based health services are fundamental to the success of an NHS that gives people more choice and control over their health.