Gardening (Children's Play Garden)
Scan me or visit www.getinvolvednorfolk.org.uk/o/ECFSNorfolk/opportunities/Gardening-Childrens-Play-Garden/68610 to join
SummaryCould you help us with the upkeep of our outdoor play areas to offer a safe, tidy, educational space for 0-5 year old children to learn about the outdoors?
The Early Childhood and Family Service are searching for enthusiastic gardeners who would like to volunteer some of their time to help us make our outdoor learning spaces the best that they can be for the children and families who use them.
Gardening help would be warmly accepted by the teams who work in our bases, and the families who use the outside space in: Norwich, Gorelston, Acle, Drayton, Thetford, Swaffham, Downham Market, King's Lynn, Long Stratton, Diss, North Walsham and Fakenham.
- Have a friendly and approachable manner.
- Be enthusiastic, committed, trustworthy and reliable
- Communicate effectively with colleagues
- Have an interest in, and knowledge of, gardening
- Adhere to Health and Safety Guidelines at all times
What you can expect:
- Mowing the lawn
- Helping with redevelopment ideas
- Carrying out maintenance work
- Planting new bushes and plants
- Helping to ensure that the garden is a safe and pleasant environment
What we can offer:
- The opportunity to keep active
- Valuable experience within a garden maintenance role
- Developing or maintaining your skills
- Improving confidence
- Training and induction to support you in your volunteering role
- Support and regular supervision from your supervisor
- The chance to meet new people in your local area
- Being part of our friendly team!
Safeguarding is at the heart of everything we do - All volunteers are subject to an interview, DBS check and references.