Food & Beverage Volunteer
Scan me or visit www.getinvolvednorfolk.org.uk/o/Felbrigg-Hall/opportunities/Food--Beverage-Volunteer/64498 to join
SummaryOur Food and Beverage volunteers understand the importance of a little sit-down, and help visitors to relax, refuel and refresh during their visit to us.
- Warmly welcoming people and serving food and drink with a smile
- Making sure there’s always enough food on display
- Getting to know the food you serve, where it is from, who makes it and is there anything special about food at Felbrigg – its great information to share when there’s a queue
- Working together to minimize wait time
- Keeping the café or restaurant clean and tidy, clearing tables, using the dishwasher, and helping with the end of day clean up
- Following food hygiene and health and safety and evacuation procedures, so we take care of visitors
- Potential opportunities to support with baking and preparing cakes from National Trust recipes
- Being part of a team that may need to adapt and change in response to local needs, National Trust priorities or changes to government guidelines e.g .Covid
We want all our volunteers to feel welcome and to have an equally positive experience when volunteering with us. So, volunteers will:
- Be provided with the necessary induction, training, equipment and reasonable adjustments to do this role well and safely
- Be offered expenses to cover agreed travel costs between home and place of volunteering.
- Have remote access to support, news and rotas via our volunteer website
This role will suit you if you are...
- Someone that likes being around people – you’ll meet a lot of people in this role!
- Looking for a varied role – you’ll be juggling tasks as well as trays of food
- Keen to be part of a dynamic team
- Good at keeping places looking lovely
- If you’ve got catering experience – we’d love to hear about it
All National Trust volunteers will be asked to
- Respect and uphold the National Trust values whilst volunteering with us
- Complete training required of all NT volunteers and any role specific training
- Adhere to relevant policies and processes including safeguarding, health and safety, and equality and diversity
By getting involved you could
- Join an enthusiastic team and make new friends
- Develop your hospitality skills and put them into practice
- Use your smile and customer service skills, so people feel at home
- Help us raise money so we continue our work looking after special places
You’d also be joining Europe’s largest conservation charity and the wider National Trust team proudly looking after 780 miles of coastline, over 250,000 hectares of land, over 500 historic houses, castles, ancient monuments, gardens, parks and nature reserves (including lighthouses, villages, pubs and a gold mine!). We are a unique charity welcoming millions of people each year and with a vision to open up places for the benefit of everyone, forever