Code Club Volunteer - Gaywood Library
Scan me or visit www.getinvolvednorfolk.org.uk/o/Norfolk-Library-and-Information-Service/opportunities/Code-Club-Volunteer---Gaywood-Library/54258 to join
SummaryWe are looking for a volunteer to help us set up and run a new code club after school, on Saturdays, or during school holidays.
Libraries run code clubs for children to support digital literacy and build confidence with coding.
The groups are open to all children and can support those individuals who don’t have access to a device at home.
Code club forms part of our after-school provision that supports families and gives children a safe place to have fun, meet other children and learn new skills.
Main duties are:
- To attend the library at agreed times to deliver Code Club sessions to booked participants or a group depending on how the sessions are set up.
- To prepare materials downloaded from the Code Club website ready for the session.
- To develop one’s own understanding of the projects in order to help children and young people work through them.
- To encourage safe use of the internet.
- To help attendees feel confident in their coding skills.
- To follow the programme set out by Code Club to help develop children’s coding skills.
- To support children and parents with specific code-related questions.
- To raise any safeguarding concerns with staff immediately.
- To help evaluate the progress and success of sessions.
We are looking for an individual who has good communication skills, is reasonably confident using IT, and is confident dealing with a wide range of children and young people with different learning needs and their parents.
Knowledge of Scratch and other coding languages is desirable but not essential. You just need a willingness to learn.