Family History Helper - Aylsham Library
Scan me or visit www.getinvolvednorfolk.org.uk/o/Norfolk-Library-and-Information-Service/opportunities/Family-History-Helper---Aylsham-Library/54253 to join
SummaryWe are looking for a volunteer to provide family history help on Wednesday mornings.
The aim of the role is to spend time with people of all ages, specifically offering help with family history-related queries, focussing on the use of Find My Past. To make customers aware of other resources within the county as appropriate.
You will be asked to:
- Guide others and encourage an enjoyment of researching family history
- Be available within the library at agreed times to offer support to customers beyond the help paid staff are able to give with family history enquiries
- Encourage safe use of the internet
- Offer support with navigating Find My Past and finding different records related to researching family history
Key skills include:
- An interest in family history research
- Good communication skills
- Knowledge of using Find My Past (the library holds a subscription to this resource)
- Confident guiding a range of adults with different learning needs
- Able to organise own time