Just a Cuppa Helper - Holt Library
Scan me or visit www.getinvolvednorfolk.org.uk/o/Norfolk-Library-and-Information-Service/opportunities/Just-a-Cuppa-Helper---Holt-Library/54152 to join
SummaryWe are looking for a volunteer to help with our Just a Cuppa sessions on Tuesdays at 11.30am.
The purpose of this role is to assist in the delivery of a coffee morning to encourage social interaction within the library and the reduction of social isolation within the local area.
The volunteer will be asked to:
- Be available within the library at agreed times to lead a coffee morning
- Help set up any tables/chairs for the event
- Encourage participation in the event for those visiting the library
- Talk to customers and where necessary pass enquiries to staff who can help locate specific items/sources of information within the library
- Promote In Good Company to those who visit the library during the time the event is taking place and encourage them to take part in other activities running in the library/locally
- Collect and pass on any feedback about the event to members of staff
Volunteers will need to have the following skills to take on this role:
- Good communication skills
- Experience of working with people/working with groups
- Confident in dealing with and talking to a wide range of people
- Able to organise own time well