Scan me or visit www.getinvolvednorfolk.org.uk/o/Sheringham-Park/opportunities/Welcome-Volunteer/54509 to join
SummaryThere’s nothing like a fun day out, and our welcome volunteers help welcome all our visitors to Sheringham Park and helping them to make the most of their visit
By getting involved, you could…
- Join an enthusiastic and varied team and form new friendships.
- Make it possible for more people to visit.
- Volunteer at beautiful and inspiring locations
- Enjoy new experiences and learn something new every day.
- Let your personality shine & build connections with our visitors & wider team.
- Know you have made a difference to someone’s day out.
You’d also be joining Europe’s largest conservation charity and the wider National Trust team proudly looking after 780 miles of coastline, over 250,000 hectares of land, over 500 historic houses, castles, ancient monuments, gardens, parks, and nature reserves (including lighthouses, villages, pubs, and a gold mine!). We are a unique charity welcoming millions of people each year and with a vision to open up places for the benefit of everyone, for ever.
- Creating a warm welcome for every visitor, especially those with additional access requirements, putting their needs first.
- Sharing information & helping visitors get the most out of their visit.
- Multi-tasking across the site to help us keep the property looking fabulous, reporting where something may need attention.
- Looking out for ways to do the little things that make a big difference.
- Helping visitors get their bearings and informing on the best routes around the property depending on their needs.
- Finding out what is on offer at Sheringham Park and other local sites, so you can promote the National Trust and deepen their connection to our cause.
- Following National Trust procedures to hire out the Mobility Scooters and Tramper (off-road mobility scooter), undertaking safety checks, completing paperwork, and driving instruction with visitors – full training provided.
- Other activities may include supporting visitors with use of car park machines and promoting membership to non-members.
- Keeping in touch with the wider team, so you know what is happening.
- You are important in making sure things run as smoothly as possible – this includes getting to know health and safety and evacuation procedures.
- Being part of a team that may need to adapt and change in response to local needs and National Trust priorities.
We want all our volunteers to feel welcome and to have an equally positive experience when volunteering with us. So, volunteers will:
- Be provided with the necessary induction, training, equipment, and reasonable adjustments to do this role well and safely.
- Be offered expenses to cover agreed travel costs between home and place of volunteering.
- Have remote access to support, news, and rotas via our volunteer website.
This role will suit you if you are…
- Someone who loves meeting people and making them feel welcome.
- Looking for new experiences
- Someone who enjoys a busy environment.
- Enjoys working outside as this role is mainly based in our car park welcoming visitors to Sheringham Park.
- Practical – you’ll be taking care of the Mobility Scooters and our Tramper and explaining the controls to visitors.
All National Trust volunteers will be asked to
- Respect and uphold the National Trust values whilst volunteering with us.
- Complete training required of all NT volunteers and any role specific training.
- Adhere to relevant policies and processes including safeguarding, health and safety, and equality and diversity.