Scan me or visit www.getinvolvednorfolk.org.uk/o/Take-Our-Hand/opportunities/Fundraising-Volunteer/54811 to join
SummaryWe are looking for passionate people who want to help increase funds for us through fundraising activities, events and supporting our fundraising strategy.
Fundraising Volunteer Job Description
Purpose of the Role
We are looking for passionate people who want to help Take Our Hand in their aims of providing bereavement support to all young people.
We want to make Take Our Hand a nationwide name for bereavement support and to do that we need committed volunteers to help with our fundraising efforts.
The role will be based out in the community attending events, assisting the Fundraising Coordinator with organising our own activities and reaching those in the volunteers local area.
- A passion for Take Our Hand and the objectives of the charity
- Good communication skills and the ability to talk to people at all levels
- Respect for views, values and cultures that are different to your own
- An understanding of why confidentiality is important
- A positive attitude to self-development and assessment
- Flexibility and willingness to work as part of a team
- Friendly and approachable
- Honest and trustworthy
- Good organisational skills and the ability to prioritise
Main duties may include:
- Assist with organising, promoting and attending charity events
- Attend community events on behalf of the charity
- Act as an ambassador for Take Our Hand
- Collect donations and promote the charity cause
- Work collaboratively with other colleagues
- Promote our work to local businesses
- Assist with the recruitment of other volunteers
- Keeping up to date on important issues by attending the appropriate training
- Attend Take Our Hand meetings.
- All volunteers will be given an induction to Take Our Hand and relevant training.
- We will reimburse all volunteers mileage, travel and food expenses in line with our expense policy.
- You will receive regular support and updates on work Take Our Hand is doing
- You will be given the resources and tools you need to conduct your work
This is an ongoing role and will be flexible around your other commitments.
All volunteers may be required to undergo checks to confirm their suitability to work with young people. Take Our Hand reserves the right to withdraw any work if the checks are not deemed satisfactory.
🗣️ Native language skills
What we will provide to volunteers💸 Reimbursement of costs🤝 Extra support
About Take Our Hand
We help young people move forward with their grief.