Scan me or visit www.getinvolvednorfolk.org.uk/o/The-BUILD-Charity/opportunities/Trustee/61302 to join
SummaryA trustee with us is not just about governance, but about sharing our values, your skills and experience and improving the lives of people with disabilities.
This is a key role within our organisation and successful candidates will be joining a diverse, enthusiastic team who believe passionately that people with disabilities in Norfolk should have the same right to a life that has social, leisure and learning opportunities at its heart.
You will have strong values, respect other's views, but be willing to be proactive and constructively challenging, and supportive in the right measures.
Our Board meets four times a year and attends other events throughout the year, mainly in the evening and at weekends. Board members are supported with training, advice and guidance, but are the ultimate decision makers on strategic issues within the charity.
Role description for Trustee-Directors for the BUILD Charity
1. To ensure that the Board fulfils its responsibilities
2. To contribute directly to the achievement of BUILD Charity’s objectives; and
3. To maintain and develop BUILD Charity’s reputation and influence
Main Duties relating to:
1. Ensuring that the Board fulfils its responsibilities in a cost effective manner:
· to contribute to, and agree appropriate strategy and policy objectives in accordance with BUILD Charity’s charitable objectives;
· to monitor progress in implementing the strategy by reviewing performance against an annual operations plan to ensure that objectives are achieved and risk is managed appropriately;
· to ensure that the charity complies with its governing document, charity law, company law, and any other relevant legislation or regulations.
2. Contributing directly to the achievement of BUILD charity’s objectives:
· to utilise personal skills, experience and attributes to lead/contribute directly to BUILD Charity’s work, taking responsibility for delivery of strategic goals in agreed areas.
· to attend Board meetings and the Annual General Meeting.
· To contribute to sub-groups and support staff, members, trustees in areas of personal skill and experience.
· to use own specific knowledge or experience to help the Board reach sound decisions. Including scrutinising board papers, leading discussions, focusing on key issues, and providing advice and guidance in areas of BUILD Charity’s work in which the trustee has special expertise.
3. Maintaining and developing BUILD Charity’s reputation and influence:
· to help to promote BUILD Charity to a wider audience of potential supporters and beneficiaries;
· to raise the profile and influence of BUILD Charity with relevant decision-makers/opinion-formers; and
· to abide by the Code of Practice for Trustees of the BUILD Charity in line with the Nolan Principles of Public Life.
Please get in touch to arrange an informal discussion with our Chief Executive, and other Trustees. Appointments are subject to referencing and at the discretion of the Board of Trustees.