Post | May 2022 | For organisations | 1 min read
Sharing good practice. Volunteering in the new normal
Written by Laura Holland
We were joined by our members who shared with us how they were able to continue to recruit and work with volunteers during the pandemic. We covered:
- What adaptations did groups make during lockdown to support the continuation of volunteering?
- Have you been supporting existing volunteers who have been unable to continue their volunteer role, perhaps because they have been shielding?
- Has Covid-19 changed the way you recruit volunteers? Are you recruiting a different type of volunteer?
- Are you thinking differently about volunteer roles? (e.g. are you breaking roles down into smaller task based roles)
- What role has technology played in how you manage your volunteers (e.g. training on Zoom, volunteer WhatsApp groups)
- If we did go back to ‘normal’, what adaptations would you keep and what would you get rid of?
- What support do you need to improve volunteer recruitment, management and retention?