Volunteer Shop Assistant
Scan me or visit www.getinvolvednorfolk.org.uk/o/New-U-Enterprises-Ltd/opportunities/Volunteer-Shop-Assistant/57412 to join
SummaryTo support the work of a sustainable clothes swap & loan shop in Castle Quarter Norwich, including support to young people on work experience placements.
New-U is a charity with the primary aim to offer work experience opportunities to young people furthest from the labour market, via work placements in the shop in Castle Quarter, Norwich.
· Provide a high level of customer service to customers in the shop
· To assist the shop staff and customers to follow swap and loan processes
· Help keep the shop clean and attractive to patrons
· To ensure that standards of security, health and safety are met
· Help the shop staff to maintain accurate and up to date records, paper and electronic
· Tasks will include; serving customers, allocating points, steaming, re-stocking rails, advising customers and creating visual displays
· On occasions, volunteers may be asked to support young people on work placements to complete their daily tasks
Attributes we are looking for in a volunteer:
· The ability to relate to people of different ages/backgrounds and gain their trust
· Tact, patience and understanding
· A non-judgemental attitude
· The ability to work in a team and also use your own initiative
· Good time management and organisation skills
· Basic IT skills
· A supportive attitude towards health and wellbeing
Benefits of volunteering with New-U:
· You will become part of the unique and innovative concept of swapping not shopping
· Your time will allow us to support more young people on work experience placement
· You input will keep our shop thriving and enable us to continue to run events for the wider community
· You will gain/extend experience in a retail environment
· Your knowledge of the challenges facing unemployed young people will grow
· We welcome the knowledge, skills and experience you will bring
· 50% points discount on swap items on the days that you volunteer for New-U, applicable after 20 volunteering hours completed. Must be redeemed on date of volunteering.
All prospective volunteers will be invited to a trial session prior to signing a volunteer agreement.
About New-U Enterprises Ltd
• We offer work placements for unemployed young people who desperately need work experience and mentoring to enable them to achieve their potential.
• We deliver workshops on employability skills to increase young people's confidence and self-esteem for the work place.
• We provide free smart clothing to young people who have financial barriers to accessing appropriate wear for job interviews.
• We provide a hub for volunteers and members of our local community to meet and connect with people who share our values and ethos.